Thursday, October 22, 2009
1) create a project
2) change it to a dvd project by clicking the options button within the login area after you make the project.
3) Make it a multi-disc set by editing the project and clicking the link ("make this a multi disc set") near the burn files URL entry field. There is a link there that expands the project form.
4) Enter the urls for each disc.
5) You can choose the type of each disc in a multi-disc set. There are radio buttons that let you choose between audio cd, data cd, and dvd. These buttons are right next to the download URL for each discs burn files.
6) Save the project.
7) Click options and go through the packaging and setup steps to pick the correct packaging and options.
Making both a cd and dvd project combined.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Create the ISO image file of your DVD
File Prepare and upload instructions
To see details, login to your account, edit a project, and look for the green file upload button. Click on it to see more information, or click here.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
You need to create your .iso image first. Click for ISO instructions.
Upload the .iso file to your server, Amazon S3 or the TrepStar Public FTP folder
If you can not do that, or do not want to spend the time, just send us a copy of the disc. Click Here for Easy Setup Details We charge $5.00 per disc for this CD/DVD setup (if you send us a copy of your disc).
Keys: size limit, file size, upload limit, iso, ftp,dvd
Login, click the recent orders button. You will be able to modify orders if available. If you see a modify button, that function is available. If not, it's too late.
You may edit as long as we have not yet printed postage. We print postage often during business hours, so please modify orders right away if you see mistakes.
This may involve emailing the customer if you provided an email at order time. We ask them to confirm their address. We then fix the address and send the product.
There two situations where this can happen.
1) We can't print postage because the address is too invalid. In this case, we notify the customer by email. If we can't contact them, we contact you. We charge a $1.50 fee for this. Here are some of the things we do.
2) We get a returned package from the post office. In this case, we also notify the customer by email. If they reply with a new address, we reship the package. If not, we contact you. In this case, we submit a new order. In essence, you are billed twice for the shipment. We sent it twice, we paid postage twice etc.
REMEMBER: If we did not offer this service, your customer would never get his product, be frustrated, and you would ultimately have to resend the product at full price after your customer contacted you. This service saves you time and money and keeps your customer happy.
We do not offer refunds or the ability to delete or cancel an order unless it's on hold (no payment yet).
- Modify Address: Also, you have about 1 hour to edit the basic address information once an order is placed. You may have more than 1 hour if you've adjusted your publisher settings to hold postage for up to 10 hours. You can not change quantity, shipping method, or country. All of that would effect the cost of the order (billing issues). The modify feature is for simple editing such as fixing a street address, zip code, or to add an apartment# etc.
- Delete Orders: You may delete orders if they are on hold. Also, you normally will see a delete button for orders placed within the last 15 minutes. We delay manufacturing for 15 minutes to allow for this delete function.
To check on whether you can modify or delete an order, login to your account, and click the recent orders button near the top of the page. You will be able modify addresses from there. If you do not see a modify (or delete) button, the feature has expired or is not available in that situation.
Breakage, Broken or damaged:
If the customer claims the package was damaged, or is never received, you'll have to order again at your cost. Login and place a new wholesale order 'order - single address' button. Breakage does occur from time to time. This is a cost of doing business, and something you would encounter if you were doing the shipping and fulfillment yourself. We profit very little per order so we can't afford to offer free replacements. If we did offer free replacements for broken packages, our prices would just be higher to offset our costs. We charge you as little as possible per order so you can calculate in the occasional broken package cost. Instead of charging you a large percentage of your retail order price, we strive to keep your costs as low as possible, so any losses or breakage should be factored into your prices. We normally ship single quantity orders in a bubble mailer or envelope depending on your product configuration. Shipping cost is low for these types of mailers which actually makes them much cheaper than shipping in a box which may avoid some breakage but costs a lot more in postage (and cost of the box) over the long run.
If a customer refuses a package, or returns it to us, or the post office could not deliver for some reason, we notify you by email in case you want to offer them a refund or login to TrepStar and order again with a different address.
That email states: "We do not offer credits for refunds or returns because manually handling returns such as this cost us much more in terms of time and labor costs than any profit we make on orders where no customer support is required. Most of our competition does not even handle returns at all for this exact reason - they throw returned packages away, never notifying anyone. In some cases we may keep a larger multi quantity order on hand for a few days. Upon request, we may be able to ship this returned package to a different address. Reply to this email with the new address. We charge about $4.00 plus postage for this non standard order handling. We can only do this if we still have the package (normally only a day or two). We are not setup to stock, warehouse, and deal with restocked inventory. We manufacture on demand and do not warehouse product."
Product Never Received:
When a customer replies to us by email that their package has not yet arrived, we check when it was sent and if it's within the most common worst case time-frame, we send them a "please be patient email". Many times, they reply to that email saying "...forget it, I just got the package..."
Broken packages, or customers that complain the "disc doesn't work" are a normal cost of doing business when shipping cd and dvd products. You can choose to refund, or resend to your customer based on your own return/refund policy. We simply do the shipping for you at a low cost.
Please factor in return/refund/breakage costs.
How do i setup integration so my shopping cart can send orders to your site so I don't have to click the order button?
1) let us know you plan to do this by asking for this service (email@example.com)
2) Here are the details: http://www.trepstar.com/sales-email-forwarding-service.asp
You can take greater control however.
Click Here to learn more about order automation
You can also:
1) creating a free account and project.
2) when at the project list area, click the integration button. This shows you good information about integration.
You can use a dvd copy software like DVD Cloner to
1) Split your DVD-9 (dual layer DVD) into two DVD-5 (single layer DVD)s. You can then make a 2 dvd set on our site. This saves you trouble of re-authoring your DVD
2) Compress your DVD-9 so it fits on a DVD-5 single layer DVD. The DVD Cloner software allows you to choose the compression levels, and remove any extra features you may not want or need. Compression does affect the video quality, so the final product is not exactly like your original. Depending on the circumstance, this may be acceptable to you.
The reason burn on demand fulfillment companies do not use dual layer discs is because they are prone to error. If you really need your DVD-9 dual layer DVD disc replicated exactly, you need to search for a "dvd replicator". Normally you would have to purchase 1000 units or more to make this cost effective (probably get the price down to $1.75 per unit that way).
duel, dual, layer
Taiyo Yuden/JVC brand is now CMC Pro “Powered by TY Technology”. CMC took over the TY technology and manufacturing process. The same technology and quality standards are maintained with the new CMC Pro brand that we use.
You don't incur risk, upfront costs,inventory storage costs, or waste if you never sell the product.
Time to market is faster and easier. You setup your project online on your time schedule.
You can integrate our system from your shopping cart.
We also provide artwork graphic templates with all pixel size and dimensions for you to start with.
Edit one of your projects. There are fields in the project edit form that allow you to specify the URL to your .jpg files. We also let you upload these files to our server.
keywords: designer, template, art, graphics, dimensions
Are there fees applied if we do not place any new orders for an extended period of time? Inactivity fees?
Inactivity, inactive,fees,project deletion,active
We ship US Postal Service first class, priority, or Priority-express mail.
If your customer needs something shipped fedex, UPS, or another company, we suggest you order a few extra shipped to you in advance so you have them on hand. That way, if a customer needs special shipping, you can send it to them directly.
We currently only ship using the post office. Media rate shipping is lower cost than Fedex or UPS.
Friday, October 16, 2009
- A true audio CD can be at most 79 minutes in total play time but you should try to keep it less than 74 minutes (see notes below).
- If your recordings are more minutes than that, either break them down into multiple disc sets or modify your project and make it a Data CD.
- It does not matter how large the files are. Audio CDs are limited by time, not file size.
- A Data CD is not limited by total play time. It's limited by file size only.
- For example, a Data CD of .mp3 files can play for hours in a computer, some car cd players, some game systems and some bluray or DVD players. The drawback is that a data cd is not going to play in an older CD player. A Data cd of mp3 or wav files can easily be imported into iTunes from your computer for example.
Audio CDs (This section is credited to audacityteam.org guide:)
- To ensure that you create a CD that will play anywhere it is important to choose Audio CD, not Data CD. A data CD containing for example MP3 or WAV files will play happily on your computer but is unlikely to play in a standalone CD player or in-car CD player (note that some modern CD players will play data CDs). An audio CD will play on any standalone or in-car CD player and in your computer and in modern DVD players.
- Audio CDs are generally limited to 74 minutes playing time on a 650 MB disc ("Red Book Standard") or 79 minutes on a 700 MB disc."
File Format: When you make your .WAV or .MP3 files, they must be in exactly the following format (there are no ranges or options). Then, add them to the zip file in alphabetical order (we recommend you name your files with leading zeroes such as 01aaa.mp3, 02bbb.mp3, 10ddd.mp3, 11eee.mp3 so they sort properly).
Audio CD players read in this format, thus you need to have your .wav or mp3 files in this format:
Audio Sample Rate: 16bit
Channels: 2 (stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 44 khz
Bit Rate: 1411 kbps (does not matter for .mp3, but we recommend 192 or higher)
Most newer dvd players, game systems (xbox, ps3), cd players, bluray players, car cd players can read mp3 data cds as audio. You can get hours of audio on an mp3 data cd.
keywords: music, band, audio, .wav, mp3, format
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
We want you to shop the competition. Once you have, please consider this: The first few orders we get from a new customer cost us the most money. Why? Because there can be problems setting up the project. We have to manually approve the project and test the first discs made. This is often the time we need to field your customer support email.
In other words, it costs us a lot to get a new client in terms of labor, support, setup, not to mention advertising and time spent making sure our site ranks well on the search engines.
We would go out of business if we were not price competitive. The last thing we want is to incur the cost of getting a new client (we lose money during this phase), just to have them leave for our competition if they were to find out our prices were too high.
To keep our customers, we offer the lowest prices, with very high quality manufacturing as well as good customer support. It's hard to find this combination. This is how we keep you so we can eventually make money on volume over time. We don't ever want to give you any reason to leave us!
See our pricing page
What about dvd authoring? Do you help me set up my dvd content? Can you take my video and add it to a dvd?
1) creating a free account and project.
2) when at the project list area, click the integration button. This shows you good information about integration. Finally, for an example written in ASP, look here: http://www.trepstar.com/url-integration-example-asp.txt
Login to your account, edit your project, and see the new upload buttons for details.
If you send us your files, we can host them, but there is a $5.00 setup fee per disc.
In most cases, users prepare your files, upload them to their web server, and specify the URL to those files from within the cd/dvd project.
We suggest creating a small .zip file with one small file in it. Upload that file. We must have a file to approve the project.
We do not offer the service of providing printed discs with no data on them.
From within your account, click the order button. The special text area is where you can send custom messages on a per order basis.
Also, both integration methods (email or server call) allow you to specify customer specific information in the specialtext field.
How long would I advertise that my customer should receive their cd/dvd shipment? How many days does it take to ship?
A data cd can contain any kind of file, wav, mp3, or documents (.pdf for example). However, if you want the music to play in any cd player (like the car), you only include mp3 or wav files in your zip file which we extract, and then burn as a music cd which is a special format.
If you need files other than .wav or .mp3, then you need to make a data cd which will NOT play in any cd player (but will play in computers).
To do this, click the Add button to create a project. The default is a data cd. Then click the Options button. This wll give you disc options as well as package and printed graphics options.
If you decide to make an audio cd, you will either send us a copy of your working disc, or make a zip file of mp3 or wav files. WAV or MP3 tracks created must be in the following format before adding them to the zip file:
Your files must be in exactly this format (there are no ranges or options). Then, add them to the zip file in alphabetical order (we recommend you name your files with leading zeroes such as 01aaa.mp3, 02bbb.mp3, 10ddd.mp3, 11eee.mp3 so they sort properly).
Audio Sample Rate: 16bit
Channels: 2 (stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 44 khz
Bit Rate: 1411 kbps
See our Audio CD Video.
Audio CD,CDs, wav,mp3, format
If you are setting up your TrepStar project today, and upload all of the required files and artwork, we will approve your project within 12 hours. Then, you will be notified by email and you can order a copy. There may be problems with the burn. If so, you will be notified. Once things work ok, we ship the next day. This means if you start your project on a Monday morning, you could probably order a test copy as early as Tuesday. It will be in the mail on Wed/Thursday, and you'll get it in a few days after that depending if you ship standard, priority, or express.
keys: turnaround time, rush manufacture, turn around
If you don't have the time, and simply want to see something that came from our system, try one of our customers and order Popup Killer software and be sure to choose the cd option.
Please go here for the most current information about fees.
fees, setup fees, minimums
What is your billing cycle (what day of the month are we billed)? How does billing work? When do we pay you? Do I have to pay in advance?
Click here for a video about ISO file creation
Once you have that zip file, or maybe your DVD .iso file, you upload that to your web server, the free public FTP folder, or the TrepStar Project.
Upload your artwork .jpg files directly to the TrepStar project. Do this for the graphic that's to be printed on the disc and any other printed graphics (such as dvd amaray case overwrap, or cd case 2 panel or back tray images. .JPG only)
From within the TrepStar.com project management area (www.TrepStar.com) you then specify the download url to your files (such as http://www.yourcompany.com/files/cd1.zip or .iso etc.).
Once your project is approved, you may click the order button to create a new order. At that time, we download the files (usually only once) and burn them to the disc.
Here are more details about file and upload specifications: Burn Files Instructions
Make sure you inform your customer during the order process that they need a dvd player that can read DVD-R format and to have them check their owner's manual.
If your customer is having trouble, have them look for compatibility by clicking here.
Here is more detailed information on DVD formats in a great article from VideoHelp.com
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Here are some common terms that may help you sort out whether you need a company like TrepStar.com or not.
1) Do you want 500-1000 cds or dvds sent to you so you can distribute them to people yourself? If so, you want to look for a duplication company. Google "cd duplication" for example. Duplicators burn the discs. The cost is more than if you needed 1000 or more, but the real cost with short run or small run jobs like this is the setup time. You're not paying so much for the actual cost of the materials, but more for the time/effort it takes to setup short run projects.
2) Do you want 1000 or more sent to you? If so, google "dvd replication". You really start to save if you need thousands or more. Replication is a word used to describe taking a master, making a glass master, and making lots and lots of copies. It takes several hours to setup the replication process. They use very expensive machines to do this (up to a million dollars each). Your unit cost really goes down when you need over 5000 units. Basically, you're paying a fixed cost for setup. After that, it costs virtually nothing to make that next 1000 units. For example, it may only cost 25 cents per disc in actual material costs including the dye printed on the disc surface etc. With each of these methods, what you are paying most for is labor.
3) Do have several titles, or only sell a few per day or week, and plan to send them to individual customers? If so, this is called just in time, or on demand cd or dvd fulfillment. There are plenty of fulfillment companies that can take any product you produce, take orders, and send them (fulfill the order) to your individual customers. Many of these fulfillment companies need you to make the product, and have it sent to them for warehousing. This costs you time and money (you'll have to either duplicate - 1000 or less, or replicate -1000 or more) and send them to the fulfillment company.
What's different about us, is we actually make them for you as well. In other words, we make your cd or dvd on demand, at order time, and send them to your individual customers that day (or next day if it's late in the day). You don't need to worry about having stale inventory, or dealing with the hassle of making and shipping product.
To setup a project, you fill out a form on our site. You include information like your product title, and specify the files we will burn on the disc, as well as the graphics we print to the disc and/or dvd case etc.
When you're ready to take an order, you click the order button, fill out customer information, and submit. We then burn your files to the disc, print postage, package it up, and send it out. We can help you automate this as well so you don't even have to fill out customer information.
Our process is very automated, and gives you full control of what is burned. If something changes with your product, you can simply upload the changed files, and the next order that goes through gets the updated files!
If this is what you're looking for, visit TrepStar.com to day and create a FREE account. We've been in business since 2002. We shop our competition to ensure we have the lowest (or very similar) pricing.
We want you to shop the competition. Once you have, please consider this: The first few orders we get from a new customer cost us the most money. Why? Because there can be problems setting up the project, or customer support email. In other words, it costs us a lot to get a new client in terms of labor, support, setup etc. We HAVE to be price competitive because the last thing we want is to incur the cost of getting a new client, just to have them leave for our competition if they were to find out our prices were too high. We would be out of business if we could not keep our customers happy. The way to do that is by good customer support when new customers sign up, and making sure we have the highest quality, best shipping, and lowest price so our current customers never have a reason to leave us!
What you want to do is create an account, add a project, and click the options button. Go through that setup wizard. This lets you pick options and see exact pricing for those options.
Do you want to keep things simple and just send us a copy of your cd or dvd for setup? We charge only $5.00 for this service. Save yourself a lot of time and hassle Easy CD/DVD self publishing Project Setup
Click here, for current information on fees and minimums.
key: price, cost, hidden fees, ink, coverage, black, fee, charge, pricing, fee, extra charges
TrepStar.com cdDVDfulfillment FAQ Help and Search
We produce your CD/DVD/USB Flash drive at order time. These "On Demand", "Just in Time", "one off", "short run", CDs or DVDs or USB thumb drive products will be mailed directly to your customers (normally the next business day), in any quantity, and shipped to anywhere in the world with a USPS address.